As a property manager or business owner, you know that keeping your place of business clean is essential. It reflects on you and your company and plays a major role in how your customers view your business and the experience they have when doing business with you. Whether you currently manage your own in-house janitorial staff or you’ve chosen the easier route of hiring a professional janitorial service, there are some things we have learned about how to manage teams of professional janitorial staff.
Here are some tips for managing in-house janitorial staff:
- Clearly define expectations: It’s important to clearly define what tasks need to be done, when they need to be done, and how they should be done. This includes providing a cleaning schedule, a list of cleaning tasks, and specific instructions on how to perform each task.
- Provide training and support: Provide proper training on cleaning techniques, equipment, and supplies. Make sure to provide ongoing support and feedback to ensure that your professional janitorial staff are performing their duties to the required standard.
- Set performance standards: Set clear performance standards and regularly evaluate staff performance to ensure that they are meeting expectations. This can include regular inspections of cleaning work, customer feedback, and performance reviews. At Legacy Construction, we have a satisfaction guarantee and hold ourselves and our janitorial staff to a high standard.
- Communicate regularly: Establish regular communication with staff to ensure that they are informed of any changes or updates to their duties, and to address any issues or concerns they may have. Listening to your staff is also important – you must address their problems and concerns so that they can continue to perform well. If they don’t speak up, be sure to reach out and give them an environment where they feel free to address concerns or areas where service could be improved.
- Foster a positive work environment: Provide a positive and supportive work environment to help retain good employees. Recognize and reward staff for their hard work and accomplishments, and provide opportunities for growth and advancement. Remember the hard work that your janitorial team is performing – remember to notice how clean areas are instead of looking for places where they may have missed a spot. It’s much easier to see the bad than the good, but it’s just a matter of perception. Praise before critiquing – it makes for a much better relationship.
- Be open to feedback: Be open to feedback from staff and customers, and make adjustments as necessary to improve the cleanliness of your facility. As a manager, you may not spend time in areas where clients do – so be sure to listen
However, if you find that at the end of the day, you’re having to spend too much time managing your janitorial staff, then there are many benefits to hiring a commercial cleaning service to perform janitorial services. Not only is your time as a manager freed up, but the commercial cleaning company will also work around your schedule while actively managing their team, providing them benefits, training, and insurance.
There are many headaches that disappear when you choose to hire a commercial cleaning service for your facility instead of relegating janitorial to your in-house team. Consider the following benefits of choosing to hire a third-party janitorial staff.
- Cost savings: By outsourcing janitorial staff, businesses can save money on labor costs such as wages, benefits, insurance, and training. Commercial cleaning companies commonly provide cleaning supplies and equipment at a lower cost due to their bulk purchasing power.
- Expertise and experience: Professional cleaning companies have extensive experience and training in cleaning techniques, equipment, and supplies. They can offer specialized services such as carpet cleaning, fog cleaning, church janitorial, and construction cleaning that may be difficult for in-house staff to provide.
- Flexibility and scalability: Outsourcing janitorial staff can provide businesses with greater flexibility to adjust staffing levels based on changing needs. For example, during peak seasons or special events, additional cleaning staff can be easily arranged. Outsourcing also eliminates the need for businesses to handle hiring, training, and scheduling of cleaning staff – meaning you can focus on revenue-generating activities. Not only will your facility be cleaner, but your staff will be more productive.
- Quality control: Outsourcing companies often have established quality control measures to ensure consistent and thorough cleaning. This can help businesses maintain a clean and safe work environment for employees and customers. At Legacy Construction Cleaning, our reputation is everything, which is why have a satisfaction guarantee and why we hold ourselves to a higher standard than others. If we make a mistake or don’t perform to client standards, we make a plan to improve and find a solution.
Lastly, it’s important to carefully evaluate outsourcing providers and negotiate a clear contract to ensure that expectations are met and the business’s needs are effectively addressed. We work closely with clients to find their exact needs and communicate often and early. We love to hear feedback from clients because we seek to provide the best janitorial services in the Denver area.
Please contact us today to learn more about the benefits of outsourcing your janitorial services!